Please note: If your city location is not in the listed available cities, please email Peggy Myers at email@example.com
, so that we may add the city for you.
Additional helpful hints and instructions are listed at the bottom of this website. Screenshot instructions on using the international travel registration site can be downloaded here.
International travel registration is critical to the University's risk management program and will allow the University to communicate with faculty, staff, and students in the event of an emergency. Registration is also required for faculty, staff, and students to receive emergency assistance from International SOS.
All faculty and staff traveling abroad on University (Knoxville campus) funds or on University (Knoxville campus) business without University funds (example: a faculty member is invited to give a key-note address at a conference and his/her costs are fully paid by the conference) are required to register and be approved for travel with the Center for Global Engagement prior to their departure.
Please click the blue "apply now"
button to begin the registration process. We will ask you to provide information about your travel plans and contact information in the destination country(ies). This will include hotel (accommodation) addresses, telephone numbers, email address and emergency contact information. Such information is necessary if emergencies arise either in the US or in the country(ies) of residence.
All faculty and staff are required to purchase international health insurance for the duration of their travels. Review the Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI)
website. Download their app on your phone for easy access while traveling.
Please note: When you begin your registration, you will be asked to select the academic year in which your travel begins. You will also be prompted to choose the city(ies), country(ies), and region(s) to which you will be traveling. If your location is not listed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
After entering your destinations and dates, click the “Apply” button. Click the “Get Started!” button to complete all of the required online forms:
- CISI Insurance Requirement
- Assumption of Risk Waiver and Release of Claims
- Emergency Contacts
- Destination Information
- Travel Waiver and Information
If the registration process is not completed and approved before commencement of the international trip:
- The traveler will not receive travel authorization and s/he may not be reimbursed for expenses
- The traveler will not receive assistance from International SOS
Please note: Beginning July 1, 2014 all faculty/staff traveling to US territories will be required to register. These territories include Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands.
Additional helpful links and information:
- Please carefully review the appropriate travel policies for the University of Tennessee:
- Know what your University of Tennessee health insurance covers internationally - review your policy.
- Review the Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) University of Tennessee coverage information. Please use their contact information (listed on the card you receive via email at purchase) if situations arise while you are abroad.
- International SOS's website is internationalsos.com. You will need to enter UT's membership number in the upper right hand corner of the International SOS's website to access information. The membership number is 11BCAS080063.
- Frequently Asked Questions can be downloaded here.
- To aid in your travels abroad, the UT Office of Environmental Health and Safety provides an Offsite Safety Guide.